Recruitment Notice for the Position of
PART TIME FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC
The North Palos Fire Protection District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic. The position requires members to work 12 or 24-hour shifts with an hourly pay rate of $18.00. Part-Time members work an average of 6 to 10 shifts per month. Additional shifts and trades are allowed with prior approval. Shifts are scheduled monthly based on a member’s availability through an online scheduling application. Part-Time members are provided uniforms through the District’s quartermaster and a holiday incentive is provided for select holidays worked. Part-Time members are eligible to earn Experience Preference Points for the District’s Full-Time eligibility register.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid Driver’s License
• Be certified or eligible for certification as Basic Operations Firefighter or Firefighter II through the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshall
• Must be State of Illinois (IDPH) licensed Paramedic
• Be certified or eligible for certification as Hazardous Materials First Responder - Operations through the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshall
Candidate Physical Assessment Test (CPAT) is desirable but not required.
Applications are available at http://www.northpalosfire.org/content/employment/
Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com with proof of qualifications or be submitted in person between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mon. through Fri. at the District’s Administrative Offices: 10629 South Roberts Road, Palos Hills, Illinois 60465.
Applicants will be subject to an interview, background examination and medical evaluation before being considered for employment.
Questions can be directed to the administrative staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling (708) 974-4474.
The North Palos Fire Protection District is an EEOC.